Tuesday, June 4, 2013

People: Our Mirror


People say that the one we know the least is our self, I agree with it!

I can define my sisters well, can describe my parents until the little detail, can list what kind of human-being my friends are, but strangely I cannot find the right words to define my self.
Maybe you think you can describe yourself, I thought I can. Actually, my description of my self was not the real me, it was someone I wanna be. And sometimes, I adopt people's definition of me. Me, my self and I cannot really have a word to define the real me.

Imagine your self now, your face, your body, what you wear. I bet your imagination of yourself was not your self after cleaning the house, it must be your self in the mirror or photograph before you go to parties, using the best dress and make up. Most of the time, we don't wanna remember how we look after cleaning the house or gardening or doing something sweaty because it doesn't look good. Well, we do the same about our description of our self. We think about the best qualities in us.  Unconsciously, we used to deny the bad side of us, or at least make it sounds a little better with putting reasons.

We will not know our self until we look at the mirror. People is our mirror, what they said about us is a reflection of what we did. We are what we did, not what we think. We can think about the very best thing, being an idealist, but what we did is what matter the most. People is not mind reader, society just can define you by what you do assuming it is the result of your thoughts. In fact, what we do without thinking is the real us. Meanwhile, what we do after thinking is who we wanna be or someone we think we should be.

People is our mirror, but not all mirror is accurate. Some mirror make us look skinnier, or fatter. To know yourself, you have to know which mirror is accurate. Neither choose the ones who show only your best, you will a proud arrogant person, nor choose the ones who show only your bad, it will bring you down. Choose the one who accurate. I think the accurate one is someone who always be with us all the time, see our bad also our best, a part of your growing up process, and know us inside outside, the real us, someone we wanna be, and someone we should be. 

For me, it is my mom, dad, sisters, old friends of mine, and my current society for I am away from home. They are who affected by what I did, I listen to them, because I want to be someone better for everyone and also myself. That's the point why we have to have a good family, choose good friends and society. Yes, we cannot choose our family, but we do choose our friends and society we involve into. It is the reason why a broken home person is easier to be tolerated than someone who get broken by his society and friends.

After all, choose the right mirror that can reflect you precisely. After seeing your self, you can accept the truth, and change what you don't like. It wont happen in a week, or a months. It takes time and processes, be patient, be faithful, keep going on processes, and someday you will find your self incredibly amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment