Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sisterhood: When We Start to Drift Apart

Sisterhood is like sweet treats for my life. It is always one of my favorite part of life.

My sisters and I, we fight like best friends and nurture like parents. One of the best parts of sisterhood is sharing secrets. We are girls, and somehow girls love sharing secrets. I think, girls use it as a form of trust. I remember the days when we had not had smartphones, skype, or even mobile phones, I was 10 years old that day. Corresponding was the only way to tell stories. Each week I wrote a letter to my oldest sister, told her story about my annoying friend, my teachers, my best friends, everything that seemed so important to me that she should know and everything I wanted to tell her. My oldest sister was my best-est friend.

When I was younger, my sisters are my best friends, not my mom. I barely told my mom about my friends or school life, I told her only the important things, like good grades or teacher's compliments. But, my oldest sister's best friend is mom. And later, one by one, so did my other sisters. I didn't understand why until I figured it out by my self. As we grew up, my sister and I have our own path way and become the person we should be. We are different now, and there were times when we found each other strangers. At that times, only mom who never rejects us, who can accept our changes even when our sisters have not accept it yet.

The differences that made us someone we should be, the differences in society and friends, interests, and campus life brought us drifted apart. We took times to understand each other, but mom done it faster than anybody. So, now mom is the center of our sisterhood cycle. Lately I realized, that we begin to shared less secrets. We share some, and keep some. Is this a part of having our own life? Soon I understand that when we get married, or get into relationship, we will keep some little secrets from sisterhood. But, we just cannot hide it from mom.

It is not that we trust our sisters less. It is just we realize that we haven't reached the point where we can sharing stories without giving judgements yet. We are not that wise at this age, so that we learn it from mom. Still I miss those days, when we were awake until midnight watching movies and telling stories.

Changes, we cannot avoid it, and we better not avoid it. It may seems somehow bad at first, but I believe those are parts of process leading into something better in life. The changes between us, I want to believe it is for something better. I do not trust them less, I even love them more. Eventually, I believe that trust which earned in silence is more precious than gold.

Hey readers, are you having the same condition with me? Take my words, you may seemed drifted apart, but sisterhood never dies, even strengthen in that time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment