Sunday, July 7, 2013

Life, Its Purpose, and Its Meaning

So, lets get straight to the point: what is the meaning of life? What is the purpose of living a life as a human?

Its been two weeks or maybe more since I got a dream every time I sleep. Usually, I don't dream that often. Every day the dreams were vague and bad, so I woke up tired and weary. I don't know why this is happening to me. Is this a part of heart break and moving on process? Or, is this just because I have too much spare time and my mind wandering too much? Or, is this a normal question that came to every person that live in this world? I just woke up from my nap this afternoon after having a bad dream and realise those all comes from my mind that afraid of being alone and having no purpose.

Everything is meaningless, it is said in Ecclesiastes many times. Life is full of seasons that come and go. Sometimes bad things happen, another time great things come. But after all, life will come to an end. But every ending is a new beginning. Some people believe there will be life after life, some other say there is no life after life and we will have no more existence. If there will be no life after life, it just prove that life is meaningless, everything is meaningless. But for people who believe there will be life after life, what is the purpose of living? Does not immortality just another form of and ending without new entrance? Because it will stuck there.

Some said life is to find it's meaning, some said it's just to be done, to do things and keep on living, the other said life is to fulfil their ambition, and the rest said life is to give life itself meaning.

I believe there's life after life as the bible said so. But, what kind of life it will be, I haven't understood yet. I had no idea why God created human, why He created us, why He created me. What do He want me to do so He created me into someone like this? No, I haven't found the answer yet, but I keep on praying and asking God as The bible said "ask and you'll be given" so many times.

Matthew 6:33
"But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

I have been denying my questions about life and its purpose because I was afraid that I gonna lose my mind and get lost, afraid that I will lose my grip in christianity. But now I know, I have a Lord and He is my shepherd, He is good shepherd who wont let me get lost and wont left me alone, who will seek for me when I got lost. And as I believe that He is the one created me with a purpose, I should ask Him what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment