Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Wake Up For A Commitment

One day, I woke up from my nap. This time I'm not dreaming about anything, but soon after waking up I start thinking "what should I do with my life?". Then I realized two important things. First, that I concern about this thing more than I realized, it haunted me under my consciousness. Second, soon after the first question popped up in my head, the answer came, I realized I had made a commitment. Maybe I should say it is a BIG commitment. 

A year ago, when I signed my university form, I had made a commitment to be a doctor, or at least to be a doctor in progress. I didn't make any pact about being a doctor with the university, nor my parents, but to God and myself. Once I'm in, I should do my best. No, I have to do my best. 

I realized that in 3 years I will have long holiday no more and my life will full of about medicine thingy everyday, anywhere, anytime. Actually, this is a choice. You still can quit from this medicine world, you can quit now, you can quit tomorrow, you can quit anytime. Taking medicine education doesn't mean you will work in a medicine world, having a doctor degree doesn't mean you will work as a doctor. It's all up to you. I saw some of my friends taking medicine education, but still wondering about what should they do in life. They tried to convince them self that taking medicine education is a right choice, in fact they're not really in. Maybe out of 100, maybe just 10 of us that really know the reason why they want to be a doctor from the beginning, the ninety others are still wondering, convincing and reasoning.
It takes courage to admit that we're still questioning if we really want to be a doctor, and it takes time to decide whether we want to stay or leave. But, above all we need support and approval from our beloved people. 

I chose to stay, to involve, to explore medicine world, and to do my best in it. I really hope that everybody who still stand in something in between will soon get the best decision. Take your time and encourage your self, the choices is yours, the answers are only can be found in you, not your parents, not your significance other, not your friends. Choices are unlimited, I guarantee you, but every choices has its consequences. Choices are unlimited, our capability of the consequences is. Choose wisely and have a good day, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment