Monday, May 13, 2013

Because (My) Sisters are Gift

First of all, I'm not posting this after having fun or sharing hugs with my sisters. No.

I was born from a couple that blessed with four daughters, I'm their last. The youngest one. My sisters are considered much older than me. The oldest is 10 years older, the second is 6 years older, and the third is 4 years older than me.

When I was little, my home was full of their laughter and I loved it so. I had no private place because we were sharing bed room. But we're sharing life at the same time. As time went by, my older sister had to move to another city for her further study, years later my two other sister did too. And finally when I was in the last year of Junior High School they had to left me alone at home. Feeling lonely? Of course yeah. I lost the person whom I used to share daily stories, lunch, supper, books, bedroom, clothes, shoes, hugs, everything.
One of the worst feeling I ever felt was having my sister taken by her husband forever. She is still mine, but not fully-mine, just sometimes-mine. Now she has another face to call home, another house to come after work. I'm watching that soon everyone is going to pursue career, find a life partner, move out from home, and finally have their own life. Sad to see this is happening, but this is life. Sometimes life drift some people apart from our life.
My sister and I, we are not always getting along well. We fight sometimes, fight the changes that come. Although at the end, we will understand and accept the changes. They aren't always lovable, but I love them so much, the bad and the good. They aren't always nice, but I love having them around. They aren't always have time for me, but I know I can call them whenever I need them. They are busy now, but I know they are trying to make time for me. They don't always show it, but I know they care about me. They don't always hug me, but I know they love me.
I was not sharing the happiness of falling in love with them, even they got forgotten by me. But when it comes about heart break, they are there to wipe my tears, to force me eating, to make laugh, to convince everything is gonna be alright.
From left: the second, me, the first, the third. Because having them is a blessing!






We fight and we love, we are fighting because we are loving each other. And if they ever gonna read this (and not laugh due to the grammar), let me just say I love you sist.

No comments:

Post a Comment