Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sent From Above

I am Christian, not because my religion, but due to my faith in Jesus Christ. Although most of my thoughts contain about God, I'm not a religious person in the eyes of society. I do not go to church every Sunday. I do not post verses in my tweets, or use godly words in my messenger status. I never use t-shirt contains quotes like 'Jesus Army' or 'Army of God', and many other things that can identify me as a Christian.

I was born and grown up in a Christian family, but in the end, it is not my family or ceremony habit that makes a Christian, but God put it in my heart so I choose consciously to be a Christian. His call is inevitable.
For me, being a Christian is about faith and heart. I don't need to post it in twitter, facebook and any other social media. Because I believe He knows I believe in and love Him even if I do not post it on my social media. What society thinks about me is not important, I don't even care if they think I am an atheist, because they are not The One who guarantees my life.

We all do stereotyping. Giving labels. In my society, the Christians usually do not get good labels. They post verses in twitter and facebook, talk about God here and there, always tell people about God, but still use rude words, do gossiping, cheat in test, envy people, and show off the religiosity they think they have.
I do not want to be that kind of person. I do not want to be a kind of No Action Talk Only person. What is the point of being a Christian without loving people? Dont you think it will be better if we let the actions talk? Just do good toward people and someday they will know the reason why we are doing these.
I do everything because of my love for Jesus, I don't want to disappoint Him.

Here I am trying to explain the simple things we use to forget in Christianity. Let me remind you that I am not an expert and never learn about theology. I am opened to any correction, just leave a comment or two and we can have some discussion about the topics I write.

I wish all the readers can understand what I mean despite my bad grammar, hehe. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment